FIGMENT CAUSTICS - VOLUME 1 by HenrikBC is an animated caustics texture collection that includes the five products listed below. Each product is also sold separately. For a free sample, click here.
That makes for 5 unique styles of animated caustics, with 3 depth levels each, resulting in 15 separate textures, that can be used for lighting in 3D animation, stop-motion, virtual production and live-action.
These caustics are not your typical procedural noise maps, that have been made to "look like caustics". Instead, each caustic texture has been painstakingly calculated by shooting light through a displaced 3D surface and capturing it at different depths - all while making sure that the result looks great and, crucially, that all of the textures loop and tile.
- Includes 5 different FIGMENT CAUSTICS products:
01_OCEAN + 02_CARIBBEAN + 03_LAKE + 04_SHORE + 05_POOL
- Each type includes 3 different depth levels calculated from the same water surface: Shallow, Deep and Abyss
- That makes for a total of 15 animated caustic textures
- 2K (2048 x 2048 pixels) resolution
- All textures tile seamlessly
- All textures loop seamlessly
- 240 unique frames per texture loop
- Made for 24 fps timelines, but intentionally created in 48 fps to enable both realtime 24 fps playback (2x speed/skip every second frame) and slow-motion playback in 24 fps (playing all frames). For 24 fps timelines this means 5 seconds per loop in realtime and 10 seconds per loop in slow-motion
- Exposed for minimal clipping, ensuring freedom when applying your own curves to textures as needed
- Delivered in high quality JPEG + Quicktime ProRes 422 HQ 10bit
- Includes a simple teapot test scene in the following formats: max, fbx, abc
- Includes a short video tutorial for how to use the textures with V-Ray inside 3ds max
QUICK TUTORIAL FOR 3DS MAX + V-RAY
The video below is a presentation of ALL textures included in FIGMENT CAUSTICS - VOLUME 1. If you only need one product, please check out the individual links at the top.
You can download a high-quality mp4 video file (315mb) of the catalogue here.
Single User License - Personal/Commercial
Team License (10 users) - Commercial
Studio License (Unlimited users) - Commercial
Educational License (Unlimited users) for a single school
Please do not repackage, share or resell this content
15 Animated Caustics divided into 5 types with 3 depth levels each (240 frames per texture) at 2048x2048 pixels